Microswift can provide an independent and professional voice in the entire process, with technical expertise in each of the identified technologies, together with the expertise of applying the key process review steps within a structured methodology, this is necessary for a structured review.
Our reviews are flexible to fit the complexity of the systems environment and the size of the client. In each case however we perform a systematic review and develop a pragmatic way forward. These services can form part of our range of ICT consultant services.
Deliverable within the review can include
- Applications architecture: The applications architecture is often developed on the basis of business requirements. This involves defining the interaction between application packages, databases, and middleware systems in terms of functional the coverage of the business requirements and processes.
- Technology architecture: Covers a wide range of areas including: server and client architecture, computer networking, infrastructure software, storage architecture, unified communications, development environments.
- Information architecture: concerned with meta-data and data models.
- Business continuity planning and Disaster Recovery planning: normally developed through leveraging existing information about processes, applications, platforms and teams.
- Service architecture: usually focusing on developing approaches for service governance.
- IT Skills management: understanding what skills are required for which systems, usually to allow rationalisation or as a risk management exercise.
- Security architecture (unfortunately usually as an afterthought).
- Business process development and re-design: documentation of key business processes and often developed in conjunction business process re-engineering and as a precursor to looking at technology changes.
- Supplier and procurement management.
- Service level management (usually oriented at SLA templates, contracts and delivery exception management).
- Programme and project management processes and governance.
- Standards and compliance management (usually oriented at governance).